Wednesday, January 21, 2009

True Friendship

 So today I was thinking about the value of a true friend. I have learned in my life many times that  a true friend would make it easier to live your values and not make it harder. Tonight I had a great experience with this.
  I am the kind of person who loves telling people what I like about them. Sometimes I hesitate because they might think I am weird or they think that I have some kind of secret crush on them, but I believe that everyone deserves to be complimented. 
 I have realized when at work and your boss notices that you are doing something wrong, they usually compliment you on what you are doing well, tell you how you can improve, and finish on thanking you for your hard work. Its the perfect way to do it. It makes you feel useful and appreciated and that motivates you to get better. Honestly, who wants to get better if the boss just complains about your mistakes. It feels like nothing you do is good enough.
 Well, friendships are kinda the same. Who doesn't love to get complimented with sincerity. I do.
 Anyway. True Friends. I had an experience tonight with a friend of mine. It was way cool. I felt good about myself by the end of our conversation and I knew he felt good too. What a way to end my day. Strengthening a friendship. Complimenting a friend and showing them their strengths and helping them to achieve their potential is amazing. I think we should all be more focused on lifting others. I sure will try hard to compliment others.

No comments:

Post a Comment