Monday, January 12, 2009

My First Blog: About Me

 This is my first time ever writing a blog. I didn't think I'd ever start. One of the main reasons being, is that I have been told that I am very disorganized with my writing. I was pulled aside after class at the U and my professor told me this. 
 Well, I don't care. I'm gonna start one anyway. So just to let you know a bit about myself: I was born on July 14, 1986 in Fullerton California. We moved to Utah when I was about 4 years old. I've lived in the same house on Alondra Way in Sandy ever since. Well, that is until I moved to Provo last April. 
 I graduated from Alta High School in 2004. I was an average student. I didn't play sports or wasn't too outgoing. People actually embarrased me for telling me how shy I was, but I was. Still am a bit. I did, however, play the tuba for 5 1/2 years. Probably the biggest mistake was deciding to join band, but I don't regret it. If I hadn't, I'd probably be on a different path right now. I am enjoying life as it is right now. 
 I served an LDS Mission in Maceio Brazil from September 2005-September 2007. Amazing time. I'll write about it later.
 Right now I am living in good ol' Provo. People tell me how crazy I am for moving there and now people ask why I'm not married yet since I've been there for almost a year. Hey people, calm down, I'm not looking to rush into anything at the moment. 
 I'm studying Digital Media at Utah Valley Universtiy. That basically Video Editing, Web Design, and 3-D Design stuff. I love it! I'm not too good at it yet, but I'll get there. One day I'll have a Mac with all the cool programs I need so I can do homework at HOME and not have to go to school to do it. But as many of us college students are, I mean, poor. So its gonna take a while, but I'll get there too.
 I'm not too social, which is weird to be that way in PROVO. I've made a few friends. Some of the include Blake and Alisha, Tyson, Carsten, and David. Tyson and Carsten were roommates and we get along well. Blake and Alisha, I met through an old friend, but now they are my good friends. David I met at my current job. Great kid. Moved here from Chicago, and now we hang out every once in a while. Oh and its his birthday today. Happy Birthday David!
 Last but not least, I work at Cinemark at the University Mall. Probably the best job I've ever had. I've met some amazing people there. I love it. The only downside is the pay. That's why I need a second job, to pay the bills. I'm actually working in the box office, so its not too difficult. Angry customers are always interesting to deal with. You'll hear more about those stories later.
 So that's pretty much about my life. I love it. Sometimes I get stressed out and say I wish I could have it different, but I really don't. Sure I could be a bit better, and I work on that all the time. I'm far from perfect....seriously. Well, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment