Monday, December 12, 2011

What I did for love....



So, tonight, after almost a month, I went to my parents' house to do some laundry. My room has been an absolute mess, and I totally blame my articles of dirty laundry that has been thrown all over the room. While I was at home, my mom told me that the ex girlfriend of my youngest brother came over to visit the family. She misses us, and my brother.


Between 3 and 4 years ago, my brother started to date a girl named Lacey. Lacey is a beautiful, fun, and very athletic girl. They
t along really well since they both shared a love for soccer. But he left to serve a mission in New York. They wrote letters and she visited the family often. We fell in love with her and we wanted her to marry my brother when he got home, but I was worried she'd find another boy and fall for him instead. About 3 months before my brother got home, my mom told me that they weren't together anymore. Apparently, my brother broke it off. I was
so upset, as were the rest of the family. I had no idea why.

When he got home, we figured it out. He had met a sister missionary while he was serving, that he got along with, and now, 5 months after being home, they are dating.

Love is something you live for. Something you hope for, work for, fight for, and sometimes, die for. I have a hard time thinking about how sweet Lacey is for visiting the family even though she and my brother are no longer together, and the fact that he is dating another girl. It's stressful. Why do people who strive for and fight for love, so often get slapped in the face? I can't imagine what she is going through, but I admire her for coming to visit and to say hi even though it may be painful. She loves us, and we love her. I was talking to my mother, and we still think that Lacey is a better fit for my brother, but sometimes, you just can't do a damn thing.

I have been through a good share of love issues, and I know I will go through a decent amount more, but I will keep doing what I need to do.

What we do for love.... what I did for love....

No comments:

Post a Comment